To MyPlate and Beyond
To MyPlate and Beyond
Children, Health & Wellness/Nutrition
Visitors of all ages will get a full serving of helpful, practical advice on how to plan healthy meals when they go through a new Purdue Extension exhibit on display at the Stauth Memorial Museum from March 11, 2018 through May 27, 2018.
The exhibit "To MyPlate and Beyond" illustrates the U.S. Department of Agriculture's tool that emphasizes the five food groups that are part of a healthy diet: fruits, vegetables, grains, proteins, and dairy.
Participants will "travel" with seven-year-old Max and his dog, Munch, in a flying saucer as they explore simple reminders and other information about eating well. Included are hands-on interactive games that help visitors understand the exhibit's key messages, such as make half of your plate fruits and vegetables, switch to fat-free or low-fat milk, and enjoy your food but eat less.
The Purdue Agricultural Communication Exhibit Design Center specialists and faculty in the Department of Nutrition Science created the exhibit. MyPlate was funded by the American Dairy Association and Indiana’s Dairy Farm Families.
The Stauth Memorial Museum was awarded a grant by the Community Foundation of Southwest Kansas to help fund the To MyPlate & Beyond exhibit.
We are expecting many tours for this exhibit so please call in advance for groups of 5 or more! Tours/groups welcome by appointment, contact 620-846-2527 for information or to set up a tour. Business hours for the Stauth Museum, 111 N Aztec Street, Montezuma KS are Tue -Sat 9-12 1-4:30, Sun 1:30-4:30. We are closed on Mondays and all major holidays, including Easter. Admission is free, but donations are gratefully accepted to help pay for this incredibly important exhibit.
Event Info: (620) 846-2527
Ages: all ages
Price: Free; donations accepted
Event Website: www.stauthmemorialmuseum.org
Improve this listing
• Sun 3/18/18 at 1:30am-4:30pm
• Tue 3/20/18 - Sat 3/24/18 at 9am-4:30pm
• Sun 3/25/18 at 1:30am-4:30pm
• Tue 3/27/18 - Sat 3/31/18 at 9am-4:30pm
• Sun 4/1/18 at 1:30am-4:30pm
• Tue 4/3/18 - Sat 4/7/18 at 9am-4:30pm
• Sun 4/8/18 at 1:30am-4:30pm
• Tue 4/10/18 - Sat 4/14/18 at 9am-4:30pm
• Sun 4/15/18 at 1:30am-4:30pm
• Tue 4/17/18 - Sat 4/21/18 at 9am-4:30pm
• Sun 4/22/18 at 1:30am-4:30pm
• Tue 4/24/18 - Sat 4/28/18 at 9am-4:30pm
• Sun 4/29/18 at 1:30am-4:30pm
• Tue 5/1/18 - Sat 5/5/18 at 9am-4:30pm
• Sun 5/6/18 at 1:30am-4:30pm
• Tue 5/8/18 - Sat 5/12/18 at 9am-4:30pm
• Sun 5/13/18 at 1:30am-4:30pm
• Tue 5/15/18 - Sat 5/19/18 at 9am-4:30pm
• Sun 5/20/18 at 1:30am-4:30pm
• Tue 5/22/18 - Sat 5/26/18 at 9am-4:30pm
• Sun 5/27/18 at 1:30am-4:30pm